B-17-Flying-Fortress.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
B-17-Flying-Fortress.fr

Le forum B-17-flying-fortress.fr

AccueilUnpainted aluminum Site_b11Unpainted aluminum Pink_l10RechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerNouveau forum - new ForumConnexionGalerie
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

Unpainted aluminum

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Anderson
Chief Master sergent
Chief Master sergent
Anderson

Masculin Nombre de messages : 56
Profession : Tech Support
Loisirs : Pilotage, bateau à voile, modelisme

Unpainted aluminum Empty
MessageSujet: Unpainted aluminum   Unpainted aluminum EmptyVen 8 Déc - 11:01

Silver paint looks as much like real aluminum as, well, silver paint.

I posted a previous entry about silver-leafing, but as I have started to do this with my model of 44-8846, I thought I would share my techniques.

First, you need a special glue "Micro Metal" foil adhesive is what I recommend for this - as it is especially designed to glue aluminum to plastic.

You will also need a *very* sharp knife, a q-tip, and a tooth-pick, oh yeah and a brush:

Unpainted aluminum Materialsii1

Then, "paint" the dull side of the aluminum with the glue, and let it dry until it is sticky. You may need 2 coats. Be very careful to not allow brushmarks, as these will show:

Unpainted aluminum Glueal5

Then, carefully place the aluminim foil (I use reglar kitchen foil that I find at the supermarket (Champion) where you want it, preferably cut out in the same shape as the aluminim skin of the aircraft:
Unpainted aluminum Qtipgz6

And then, trim off any excess and use a toothpick to make sure all the details are all visible. Then you are done, and can do the next bit!

Unpainted aluminum Donepl5

I currently have the whole bottom of 44-8846 in aluminim, but I will wait until she is done before I post the final product.

One last thing: it is hard to paint over aluminum, so any olive drab parts (over engines, etc) should be painted first, and then simply *do not* put the aluminm over the painted bits. Decals stick just fine, however.

Also, you will want to change the angle of the aluminim on the panels, ou use different types of aluminim foil, because when the light hits the surface, each difference in aluminum shows - as on a real aircraft - thus giving the appearance of an authentic aluminum surface, rather than one homogenous aluminum surface.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.thepinklady.fr
F3V
Brigadier Général
Brigadier Général
F3V

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1619

Unpainted aluminum Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Unpainted aluminum   Unpainted aluminum EmptyVen 8 Déc - 13:21

Wonderfull!

when Pink Lady will be built, give me some photographs, I give that to Pink Lady's crew. Very Happy
Tex Hill
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Tex Hill

Unpainted aluminum Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Unpainted aluminum   Unpainted aluminum EmptySam 9 Déc - 15:22

Unpainted aluminum 0028
Contenu sponsorisé

Unpainted aluminum Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Unpainted aluminum   Unpainted aluminum Empty

Unpainted aluminum
Page 1 sur 1